Technology Platform and Cyber Security
The proposed application will based on fully redundant N-tier architecture which is vendor agnostic like LAMP with MVC technology, which allows for scalability, central management of business rules, reduced maintenance and single point of deployment.
- HTML: platform independent
- Browser based client: thin client model
- Compatibility with multiple browsers
- Client side installation available
- MVC Architecture
- Rapid Application Development
- Support for open source container
- Support for all leading applications
- Option for open source, free servers without loss of performance/features
- Standards driven
- High availability
- Easy to upgrade i.e. server level upgrade only
- MySQL database Enterprise Edition
- Or PostgreSQL
The application is platform independent at the server side, and allows any operating system from client side to connect to the application over intranet or internet. Data mining and warehousing support, providing multi-dimensional view of data, MIS and DSS reports.
The application architecture has capability to deliver the expectations of the facility. Following are some of the salient points that are desired from the architecture design:
- All modules where data is entered or changed are password protected.
- A user must have the access permission for the function that he wants to use.
- The access permission has only limited hierarchical privileges.
- Only the system administrator can access the databank.
- Passwords are stored in encrypted form in the databank.
- All access and access attempts are logged.
- HTTPS server encrypts the data being transported.
- The data in the databank is encrypted.
- Respects and observes the laws and regulations regarding data privacy specially the protection of records, history, organizational secrets, etc.
- All data can be viewed, changed, or deleted require proper access permission.
- Data encryption
- Firewall security from outside attacks
- New servers can be added dynamically to increase capacity
- Load balancing can be used to ensure that the servers are proportionately utilized
- Application framework designed to ensure good performance. Use of caching techniques
In addition to the usual validation techniques like rejecting alpha characters or out of range numbers in a date entry field, MX-ERP validates the entered data.
- Main Server -PDC (Xeon servers Intel Xeon 5150 / 8GB RAM / 2x 500GB SATA)
- Backup server ( Similar or lower configuration)
- Desktops / laptops / PDA's( 1 GB RAM, 10 GB Hard Disk, Dual core processor)
- Power backup
- Operating system for users: Windows or Linux (any)
- Server: Windows server /Cent OS/Red Hat/Ubuntu
- Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.0, Google Chrome 9 and above and IE 7 and above
Most other software components that are required to run the application will be provided by us during the installation of the application on the server.