Central Sterile Supply Department
The Central Sterile Supply Department's (CSSD) main function is to provide sterile items, linen, equipment to ward's and OT's. The CSSD receives reusable equipment; linen from various OT's and ward's for sterilization and performs the sterilization of these equipment, linen, etc. Further it stores these equipment, linen, etc and dispenses it as and when required by various departments. The CSSD module records and facilitates all these functions carried out by the department.
Features of the Central Sterile Supply Department module
- Records the daily instruments, linen, etc received by various departments for sterilization.
- Classification of the instruments, linen, etc based on the type of sterilization technique.
- Locating various items in the CSSD.
- Tagging the items with the date of sterilization.
- Online receipt of requirements from the Operation Theater and wards.
- Scheduling maintenance of the equipment used for sterilization.
- Monitoring the quality of sterilization.